Video does not display on my iMac..

Destiny

Video does not display on my iMac..

Postby Destiny » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Heya to who ever, in this secret club.. that one one told me about... :?

But, just to let you guru's know.. Your demo video does not display on my iMac.. Unless it was shot in the dark with no lights.. If that is the case, then its fine.. :roll:

Destiny...

bbaudel
ForgeJS Team

Re: Video does not display on my iMac..

Postby bbaudel » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Hi Destiny,

It's a iOS/OSX Safari issue. It's not possible to load video file as WebGL texture from an other domain.

Here is the known issues page for ForgeJS : https://forgejs.org/known-issues-and-limitations
Here is the WebKit bug report : https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=135379

Sincerly,

Benjamin

PS: a plugin to detect Safari and display a warning message will be added to the samples.

Destiny

Postby Destiny » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Hi Benjamin... Wondered what you have been up to...

I tried Chrome.. Better but some stuff still does not work.. Are the VR Glasses supposed do something..

The 360 Video opens but oh man.. Such poor quality.. I guess that will get better as the band width improves..

So.. Is this the beginnings of a new PTP vision of VR Tours development. Using WebGL etc...

Destiny...

bbaudel
ForgeJS Team

Postby bbaudel » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:35 am

VR Glasses icon is a plugin made to jump to VR with the WebVR api.
You need a browser with WebVR api activated to apply this effect and see the project into a WebVR compatible device as Oculus, HTC Vive or Samsung GearVR.
So at this time you need a windows computer for Oculus and Vive with a chrome experimental build or a firefox nightly build, or a Samsung device conected to the GearVR headset to visualize the result.
This plugin will be upgraded to be hidden when the current OS/Browser doesn't support the WebVR api.

For the video it depends of the quality loaded and the bandwidth. Most of the samples have a "720p" quality set for the first stream and try to reach the next quality if the bandwidth available allows it.

Of course WebGL is the technology used for ForgeJS and also into the current export of the Panotour Pro 2.5 software.