Is this possible with forge.js?

RichShumaker

Is this possible with forge.js?

Postby RichShumaker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:15 am

For 360 video most of it is designed around the concept of camera(s) pointing at the world in 360 degrees.

Is forge.js able to handle the reverse?
The ability to take many cameras and point them in at a subject and then playback the video and allow you to spin around the subject?

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Rich Shumaker

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Re: Is this possible with forge.js?

Postby rroux » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:52 am

Hi RichShumaker,

You need to display a 3D object and spin around with your camera ?
Like in this example? https://threejs.org/examples/#webgl_materials_envmaps

Have a nice day!
- Raphaël

RichShumaker

Postby RichShumaker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Is it possible with video?
I know it can be done with still images.

Thank you.

Rich Shumaker

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Postby rroux » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:48 am

Is it possible with video?

If you talking about replacing the background image by a video, yes, it is possible.
I'm not sure to understand your request, tell me if I'm wrong.

Have a nice day!
- Raphaël

RichShumaker

Postby RichShumaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm

No I do not want the background to be in motion.
I want to rotate around a person that is moving.
Can this framework take multiple video angles and combine them so you can move around something that is moving.
The closest thing that I have seen is Bullet Time from the Matrix.

Thanks.

Rich Shumaker

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Postby rroux » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:43 am

Hello RichShumaker,

Can this framework take multiple video angles and combine them so you can move around something that is moving.

No, ForgeJS can't do this.
- Raphaël

RichShumaker

Postby RichShumaker » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:48 am

rroux wrote:Hello RichShumaker,

No, ForgeJS can't do this.

Thank you very much for the update.
If you come across something that will help with this or if this framework somehow is updated to do this please let me know.
I really love what it can do already and wonder if anyone has worked on adding it to TiddlyWiki.

Have an awesome day.

Rich Shumaker

ivanckt

Postby ivanckt » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 am

If you want to display something like bullet time, it is like freezing time and move to different position. If you want to advance the time, then it is almost like typical camera movement, unless you want to let viewer choose the movement. I think this is very hard as you have to sync a lot videos together and extract the correct frame instantly.

The closest things I can think of is rendering ALL videos into different position in a single large video.

i.e.
Video Large =
v1 v2 v3
v4 v5 v6
v7 v8 v9

use the large video as texture and render the things you want, change to different position according to the direction user want to go.

RichShumaker

Postby RichShumaker » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:34 am

ivanckt wrote:If you want to display something like bullet time, it is like freezing time and move to different position. If you want to advance the time, then it is almost like typical camera movement, unless you want to let viewer choose the movement. I think this is very hard as you have to sync a lot videos together and extract the correct frame instantly.

The closest things I can think of is rendering ALL videos into different position in a single large video.

i.e.
Video Large =
v1 v2 v3
v4 v5 v6
v7 v8 v9

use the large video as texture and render the things you want, change to different position according to the direction user want to go.

Thank you for your help.
With 360 video they stitch it then have the ability to scroll in 3D as I believe it is wrapped onto a ball(?).
I wanted to do something similar where the center point is where you stitch all the videos, then you can rotate around the center point.
If this was an object that was static it is no problem.
You take lots of images and then as you rotate the new image takes over or is smoothly transitioned too.
The problem becomes when you make the cameras motion and not still.
The concept is the same that you are moving between cameras and all the video files play simultaneously. Then you transition between them.

Now I need to find the software to allow the transitioning between video in a circle.