Pano 360 VR

aco34

Pano 360 VR

Postby aco34 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:58 am

Hello,

It is possible to build a 360° pano with hotspot to change point of view in VR ?
And also add an hotspot that put user in a 360° video ?

Of course without interaction of the user

Thanks for answers.

Regards,

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Re: Pano 360 VR

Postby rroux » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:56 pm

Hello aco34,

Yes it is possible to display hotspots in VR.
To interact with the hotspot the user doesn't need any external controller, he just have to look at the spot for 2 seconds to trigger a click on it.
To tell the hotspot what happens when you click on it, you will have to bind an action to the onClick event of the hotspot.
This action can change the current scene for a 360 video scene, this is not a problem.
The only problem you will encounter is on mobile because you can't auto play a video on such devices.
This problem should not happen on desktop with Oculus or HTC Vive because the browser allows you to auto play the video.
Is that what you mean by "Of course without interaction of the user"?

Hope this helps, have a nice day!
- Raphaël

aco34

Postby aco34 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks for your answer.

If I recap :
- I can have 3-4 360 scene and switch with hotspot by fixing it with cardboard.
- If I switch on a 360° video scene, the user need to click on it (on smartphone)

If I create a project + WebVR plugin with three 360 scene link with hotspot and a hotspot which open a 360 video scene, does it work in a Cardboard Headset ?
We can't put hotspot on the start button of the video scene to fix this problem ?

Thanks hor help :)

Regards,

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Postby rroux » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:43 pm

I haven't test it but I would say that a gaze in VR mode is not considered as a user interaction by the browser because it is not a touch input.
We can't ask the user to remove the device from the cardboard to touch its screen to play a video...
That is a major issue in WebVR on mobile and this issue is not relative to ForgeJS but to the browser limitations.

I know that in one of the last card board version 2 you have a conductive button that can touch the screen.
Maybe with an invisible touch zone at the top middle of the screen you can ask ForgeJS to trigger a load scene relative to the hotspot you're looking at!
- Raphaël