few questions

sstgerma

few questions

Postby sstgerma » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:30 pm

I am working on a virtual tour and have a few questions:

- is it possible to set the gyro button to be disable by default?
- If I am specifying default camera settings for each panorama when it's loaded should I remove the camera settings at the story level?
- I have a lot of hotspots to place and have found the current toolbox tool cumbersome. You mentioned in a previous thread that a new version is going to be released soon that makes this process easier. Is there an eta on this release?
- I would like to include a map that shows users where they are on an image of a floorplan. Has anyone done anything like this? I saw the map in the Vroom sample. Would substituting GPS coordinates of points in a floorplan work.

Thank you!
Stefanie

aberthet
ForgeJS Team

Re: few questions

Postby aberthet » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:50 am

Hi Stefanie,

- is it possible to set the gyro button to be disable by default?

Yes, just remove the plugin from your story or disable the instance, using the setting enabled (true by default) https://releases.forgejs.org/latest/doc ... n-instance

- If I am specifying default camera settings for each panorama when it's loaded should I remove the camera settings at the story level?

You can keep the camera settings at the story level, but it will be overwritten by the settings in each panorama.

- I have a lot of hotspots to place and have found the current toolbox tool cumbersome. You mentioned in a previous thread that a new version is going to be released soon that makes this process easier. Is there an eta on this release?

Within a week.

- I would like to include a map that shows users where they are on an image of a floorplan. Has anyone done anything like this? I saw the map in the Vroom sample. Would substituting GPS coordinates of points in a floorplan work.

I am not aware of such a sample for now. We are using GoogleMaps in the Vroom sample, but I don't know if you can show a floorplan on GoogleMaps. You may want to take a look at the Google documentation here https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... t/tutorial

Sorry for responding this late !

Adrien

sstgerma

Postby sstgerma » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:26 am

Thanks for your reply. For the question regarding the gyro button... Rather than remove the plugin for the gyro button I was just wondering if there is a way to have it be toggled off unless the user clicks to enable it. I would like it to be there but just not on.

Also wondering if there is a way to toggle the hotspots on/off in case view just wants to see scenes without them.

Thanks! Looking forward to the next release.

aberthet
ForgeJS Team

Postby aberthet » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:12 am

Oh sorry I understood that you wanted to remove the plugin. You can add the following line in the _deviceReadyHandler function of the gyroscope plugin :

Code: Select all

this._gyroscope.enabled = false;

There is no FORGE method to hide hotspots, but you can hide the material (the interaction will still be here though) like this :

viewer.hotspots.all.forEach(function(h) {
    h.material.material.visible = !h.material.material.visible;
});

bbaudel
ForgeJS Team

Postby bbaudel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:06 pm

Each hotspot host directly the visible property.
Have a look here : https://releases.forgejs.org/latest/doc ... ot/hotspot

viewer.hotspots.all.forEach(function(h) {
    h.visible = !h.visible;
});