RE fix for "clear dom hotspots between scenes?" issue

sstgerma

Re: RE fix for "clear dom hotspots between scenes?" issue

Postby sstgerma » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:01 pm

I did not have any luck troubleshooting this further. I know it is not recommended but I ended up just adding an action-link after the loadscene action on most of the pages. With this interim fix in place I could browse through the 13 scenes and most of the time the dom hotspot would appear in the presentation I needed to give about a week ago. Is this still being investigated as an issue?

rroux
ForgeJS Team

Postby rroux » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi sstgerma,

This is still an open issue as long as you still have a problem with your project.
The thing is that currently we do have a lot of work to refactor the render pipeline and we can't do debug on other features right now.
We'll take a look at this as soon as we finished the huge piece of work that is the render pipeline refactor.

Have a nice day ;)
- Raphaël

nedr

Postby nedr » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm

I have the same problem with dom. On the default scene of the story they show up directly. When going to a next scene via simplebutton or a hotspot, no dom hotspots are visible. But when reloading the page in the browser, they show up. Now I can go to my first scene and then click on the next scene, and they are showing directly!

Also, when I use dom hotspots on both scenes, the dom hotspots from scene 1 are also showing on scene 2, but the hotspots from scene 2 are not visible on scene 1.

I just want to show multiple hotspots on a scene and when clicking some text is shown. Can this also been done without dom hotspots? Between different scenes navigating I use hotspots without dom and they are working well! Als on mobile. With video and hotspots dom the video is not playing...

I have made a test config with only two scenes and no extra's (tracks or directors, etc)
I can send a link via pm if you would like?

And sstgerma, can you maybe show your workaround with the action-link after the loadscene action? I don't know how to do this!

uwemayer

any update for dom-hotspot fix?

Postby uwemayer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:28 pm

I am also stuck with this problem.
This is a breaker.
I have 10 scenes. The first scene has two dom-hotspots, after 2 or 3 scenes the hotspots do not show up anymore.
If I reload the whole page they show up.
Forgejs is such a beautiful work.
Please help

uwemayer

Postby uwemayer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:15 am

It seems my problem was solved by downloading and compiling version 0.9.6 from the repository
thanks a lot. there seems little activity here... hope someone can find this.
best.

Evarot

-

Postby Evarot » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 pm

If you are using Yahoo email, please check your spam box. Ill probably there.
We have noticed the issue with Yahoo mail, and will fix it as soon as we can.
Thank you.

Regards,
CABAL Support Team